How to Choose the Best Web Hosting for Your Small Business Website
If you own a small or startup business, odds are that you want to increase its presence online order to increase your revenues. Besides promoting your products and services on social media site, the other means through which you can build an online profile is by building a website. But, developing and hosting a website are two different things. Web site hosing ensures that you are accessible on the World Wide Web (Internet).
So, what do you need to keep in mind when looking for the best web hosting company for your small business?
1. What kind of web hosting plans does the service provider offer?
The instant you step out into the market, you will come across a wide variety of web hosting plans ranging from dedicated plans to individual and corporate plans. Listed below, are the different types of web hosting plans you can select:
– Individual Plans: This is the most affordable plan. A majority of web hosting providers will provide you with this type of plan for as little as $3.50 per month. Also commonly referred to as starter plan, individual plan provides you with one domain, a maximum of 100 email accounts, limited bandwidth and disk space. This type of web hosting plan is suitable for people who are not anticipating high traffic.
– Dedicated Plans: One of the key demerits of opting for individual plan hosting is the fact that you have to share disk space and bandwidth with other web masters. Moreover, whenever there is an upgrade, you will be compelled to purchase the new version. While dedicated web hosting plans may cost as much as $500 per month, you will not be disappointed with the service provided. With dedicated plans, you won’t have to worry about possible web server crash whenever there is high traffic on your site.
– Reseller Accounts: Reseller accounts are increasing in popularity compared to other types of web hosting plans because they allow you create several individual plans using one account. The average cost of reseller web hosting plan is between $10 and $20 per month.
You need to consider opting for reseller web hosting plan if you are thinking of running multiple small businesses online.
The most important thing you need to keep in mind when trying to select the best hosting plan is the problems associated with a particular hosting plan.
2. How much are you willing to spend?
Hosting plans that come with free stuff are not the best plans to opt for. Because everybody wants free stuff, there are thousands of people opting for free hosting programs. While you may be trying to save by choosing a free hosting program, you will be losing business to competitors that offer their consumers reliable service as a result of paying for a reliable hosting plan.
When trying to determine how much you can pay for a particular hosting plan, take into account the types of products and services you would like to offer. Thereafter, go through the various plans and choose a web hosting plan that provides you with return on investment.
3. Read various customer reviews
Customer reviews can provide you with first-hand information in regards to the different types of web hosting companies for small and startup businesses. In addition to providing you with the names of reputable web hosting companies in the market for small businesses, customer reviews will also enable you to identify the fly-by-night web hosting providers.
Compare Best Web Hosts for Small Business