Typo 3 vs Joomla
If you find yourself confused whether to choose Typo3 or Joomla; you will find it hard to choose unless you find out each of these tool’s strengths and weaknesses. If their strengths match your needs, then it would be easy for you to choose which is best.
- Learning Ease. For beginners, learning ease matters a lot. Both the Typo3 and Joomla are a bit complicated to learn. Typo3 lacks resources to help you learn while Joomla may require you to learn more lessons to understand its sections and categories, etc. However, if you compare ease of learning, you are likely to learn at once with Joomla than with Typo3. Typo3 is more complicated especially for beginners.
- Interface. When it comes to the interface, both Typo3 and Joomla are winners. Typo3 has very easy to use interface because of features that make users navigate it easily. On the other hand, Joomla also has a powerful and user-friendly interface especially for the management of numerous articles. Beginners and experts can easily make their way in and out these tools because they are not difficult to manipulate.
Picture 1 : CMS Comparison Chart (Source : IBM.com)
- Security. When it comes to security, people are looking for the most secure tool they can use for their website management. Between the two, both have better security offered. Typo3 is a winner when it comes to security as it has lesser security holes and has very good security measures. On the other hand, Joomla is also a winner in security even if it has past reputations of being unsecured. The current versions of Joomla are already free from security holes, so Joomla now is considered secured.
- Extensions. Extensions allow users to do as many tasks as you like and many add-ons to add for your website. With this, both the Typo3 and the Joomla CMS are winners because both have many extension functions. They both have the same plugins, modules, etc. that allows you to perform or apply specific functions to your website and enhance its usability.
Picture 2 : CMS Security Comparison Chart (Source : plonemetrics.blogspot.com)
- Multi-Domain Capabilities. If you are planning to create a variety of websites; let’s say a community site but also a business site, etc. then you must be looking for software that has multi-domain capabilities. With this, Typo3 is the winner. Typo3 is naturally built to handle multiple websites and domains. It is not only for a certain type of website as it is more complex. But Joomla is not capable of this. You cannot install multiple websites in one roof with this tool.
- Access Rights. If you are looking for a tool that has good authentication and access rights management, then Typo3 is the winner. This is one of the main things that’s lacking in Joomla. While this is standard in Typo3, this is not guaranteed by Joomla.
Overall, Typo3 is a tool for a more complex website content management and Joomla is for a small-to-medium sized company. Since people have varying needs according to their company, they can either choose Typo3 or Joomla. Both perform great in their own ways and capabilities.
Compare Hosting Company with Typo3 and Joomla included